Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Crow Bar

The Crow Bar
2325 E. Coast Highway
http://www.thecrowbarcdm.com

Visited June 11, 2008 :: Holly, Charity, April, Mike and Adrienne.
We had mixed feelings about this adventure to The Crow Bar. It's a contemporary turn on a traditional bar by offering spruced up entrees and other wannabe-fancy fare for too high of price for the quantity and quality of food they serve.

Ambience: 6
We found the atmosphere to be noisy and uninviting. We literally had to shout across our table to hear each other. Other than the noise, the modern decor and layout showed some interesting detail.

Food: 7
The food portions were pretty small for the price. I ordered a burger with fries that came out teeny tiny, but it was only $10. As far as flavor goes, I would've been happier with TK Burger. Charity seemed to love her ahi sandwich and Mike thought his halibut was great (it was served teeny tiny as well).

Service: 3
Our server was miserable. He was an Australian chap with awkward teeth and invincible breath. He was short with us and inattentive, possibly due to the fact we ordered mostly waters to drink. But even when patrons don't drink alcohol, it's not an excuse to treat them poorly and give them virtually no attention.

When we ordered I asked if I could try just one fry (not a whole order, just one specialty French fry from their side dishes), he snapped at me, "No! I will not bring you just a fry!" I was thinking, There is no way this halitosis-bearing loser just told me he would not bring me a single fry to taste-test as a first-time patron to this snobby establishment.

Our food took a while, but what took even longer was our server's attention. He never checked on us or our food and we had to fan him down for the bill. He was a royal Australian idiot.
___________________________________________________
So all in all, I don't think I'll ever go back to The Crow Bar. I'm not sure if the others agree, but I think The Crow Bar was pretty lame and overpriced.



3 comments:

charity said...

I LOVED my ahi burger. yes it was small, but oh so tasty.

amen to the rest. service was poor and the joint was super loud.

Dan In Real Life said...

that place is junk....they tried to tow my car before when I went to club panini (much better place).... I'll have to roll with you girls sometime to one of those CDM restaurants....

Unknown said...

I don't know anything about these restaurants but I know I love food!!! Count me on the PCH trailwagon, for the social company alone.