Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rothschild's

Living in Corona del Mar I get the chance to pass all of these restaurants on pretty much a daily basis. I have passed by Rothschild's numerous times and never once did I have the desire to try this place. To me it looked like stuffy place that only old people would eat at. So I went into this evening with some apprehension (and with a killer cold). To my surprise it was a pleasant experience. While I was pretty much right on about the stuffy environment and the old people the food was delicious. Adrienne and I got the minestrone soup which was very delicious (and yummy for my cold too). I am not sure exactly what everyone else got but I do know that Holly got some sort of chicken dish and it was pretty much the best chicken that I have ever tasted. Our server was very attentive to us and our needs. He even noticed that Holly loved the to-go bag and brought her another one to take home.
________________________________________________
Ratings: (these are all my opinions not the entire groups BTW)
Ambience: 6.5
Food: 8.79
Service: 8.5

In a discussing the restaurant with the group the consensus was that we were all pleased with the place. The girls and Dan all stated that they thought it would be a good place to take a date. I didn't agree however... but then again I am more of a Taco Bell kind of girl.


Holly enjoying her yummy chicken dish



Charity devouring her pasta something or other.

By far the youngest and best looking group in the restaurant.

Best part of the night is when Dan proposed and Dan and Holly took their engagements shots in the front of the restaurant.

2 comments:

charity said...

We were all so lucky to be present at such a momentus occassion as the proposal. Thanks for including us in your special night guys! :)

Holly B. said...

i'm extremely happy and excited for our big event.